Black Pudden

If you can't find what you're looking for on these pages, then post as many details as possible and, hopefully, I or another visitor may be able to help.

Black Pudden

Postby just-george » April 29th, 2012, 8:08 pm

Can anybody help with this one to the tune of Blaze Away?

All of a sudden a lump of black pudden came flying through the air. x3
It missed me father and hit me mother and knocked her through the chair.

Is that the whole of the words, or are there any more words to go with the rest of the tune?
just-george

Re: Black Pudden

Postby Paul » April 30th, 2012, 4:53 pm

I think this is one of those 'barrack room' songs with many regional variations.
When humming the tune, I can recall bits that I've heard over the years:

'Ain't it a pity she's only one titty to feed the baby on.
The poor little bugger will never play rugger or grow up big and strong.'

or

'Ain't it a pity she's only one titty to bang against the wall,
Pity her brother, the poor little bugger, he's only got one ball,
Ain't it a pity she's only one titty to feed the baby on,
And with that, she feeds the cat, so what's the poor bugger live on?'

and the one you mentioned:

All of a sudden a dirty black pudding came flying through the air,
It missed me Ma,
and hit me Pa,
and knocked him off his chair!

Any more...?
Paul
Site Admin

Postby Ivan » May 5th, 2012, 7:25 pm

Yes, well, unfortunately the only other bit I remember will have to be censored here! :

"Old Mother Kitty has only one titty to feed the baby on
poor little f****r has only one sucker to have a chew upon!"

This is typical of the sort of thing work mates are great at doing. Leaving you with just one or two lines and you never get to hear the rest! The one that gets me though is the line "'It's only me from over the sea,' said Barnacle Bill the sailor" I have never heard another line from that. Not rude in itself - but it has potential! Anyone oblige?

"Good Ship Venus" is one of the first I heard, picking up verses here and there and I now know about 30 verses which have built up over the years but that is unusual. It's the one liner that never materialise in full that are annoying. My working life is littered with 'em!

I had one work mate who was in the RNVR who used to come out with snippets from the "Sod's Operas" they held. In the end you wished he'd forget the lot instead remembering intriguing snippets!! Ah, well.
Ivan

Postby just-george » May 6th, 2012, 7:04 am

No problem with Barnacle Bill - I know all the words to that. Email me and I'll send you a copy. I used to work in contruction. Being able to sing all the words of ribald songs was always a sure reference that you'd been on some 'big jobs'.
just-george

Postby Paul » May 6th, 2012, 9:55 am

Careful George... I've removed your email address from the above message to prevent misuse.
Once registered, members are able to email other members by clicking on the available icon. All member information is hidden from outsiders (and robots). We don't want you deluged with email ads. for little blue pills and surgical appliances.
Paul
Site Admin

Postby Ivan » May 10th, 2012, 1:30 pm

Thank you George for the PM with the lyrics.

That has now been put to bed after about 40 years of knowing just the one line! Like a lot of things in life it turned into a bit of a disapointment in the end!!

Like I said it was people like the guy in the RNVR who used to "tease" with these and this just stuck with me. Although I've heard many since!!

I worked with a guy who was in the RN in WWII who also told me about the "Sod's Operas" they held in faraway canteens. The one I can remember him quoting from concerned a sailor who was shipwrecked and "he swam, and he swam. For forty f********* days he swam" until eventually meeting the most beautiful girl on a desert island where she was baking. The whole scene being demolished by the line "and then she far**ed and blew the flour away!"

The trouble with the "Sod's Opera" ones is that they went on forever (Venus being a good example) so the person telling you would shorten them.

Thank you too, Paul for trying to save us from the blue pill merchants - but I'm afraid they succeeded in their endeavours years ago!! :roll: "Rolex" watch anyone??
Ivan

Postby Clacker » November 10th, 2012, 11:02 am

I thought it was to the tune of the Resdetsky March and the lyrics that I can remember as told by my father are:-

" All of a sudden a dirty black puddin came flying through the air
Did she duck?
Did she F***
it hit her fair and square ....."
Clacker

Return to Looking For A Forgotten Monologue?...